Biography of Joseph A. Marino, III
Our clients can benefit from our specialized knowledge of the Jefferson Parish Courts’ resources and processes.
- Awarded an AV Rating for the highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards by Martindale-Hubbell, 2008-present
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2008-present
- State Representative, District 85 – Elected to Louisiana House of Representatives 2016
- Gretna City Councilman, 2013-2016
- Named to New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2009 List.
- Recipient of the CityBusiness Leadership in Law Award – 2006.
- Certified Instructor for the Kenner and Gretna Police Academy, 2007-present
- President of Jefferson Bar Association in 2006 and 2007
- Fellow of Louisiana Bar Foundation, 2009-2012
- Representative in the Louisiana Bar Association House of Delegates, 2010-2012
- Graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism – Advertising and the University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctorate degree.
- Member of the Louisiana Bar Association, 1992-present
- Front End Committee Member of the Louisiana Sentencing Commission 2012-2014
- Board Member of the Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2010-2015
- Member of Rotary International, 2005-present
- Speaker: “What to do when your civil client gets arrested in Jefferson Parish,” Jefferson Bar Association Annual CLE.
- Speaker: “Jefferson Parish Probation Revocation Hearings,“ Jefferson Bar Association Annual CLE
- Speaker: “Professionalism,” Jefferson Bar Association Annual CLE
- Speaker: “Voir Dire – Jury Selection,” Criminal Litigation Seminar, La. Public Defender’s Association
- Speaker: “Expungements in Jefferson Parish,” Louisiana State Bar Association Annual Solo and Small Firm Conference
- Speaker. “Zealous Defense Meets Tough Prosecution,” La. Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers Seminar
- Contributing Writer for the Westbank Beacon
- Guest criminal defense law expert on Power of Attorney (a legal television series)
- Named to Legal Leaders – Louisiana’s Top Rated Lawyers of 2014 in field of Criminal Defense
- Honored for Excellence in Criminal Law
View Press Release Online | Download Press Release (PDF)
- Named to New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2015 List