Areas of Practice
This firm devotes 100% of its time and resources to representing those charged with felony and misdemeanor offenses primarily in Jefferson Parish. We make an average of 2-3 criminal court appearances each day in the 24th Judicial Districts Courts and Parish Courts. Over the years we have developed a familiarity with all aspects of the criminal justice system in Jefferson Parish including the Clerk of Courts office, the District Attorney’s office and with Judges of the 24th J.D.C. and Parish Courts. We can guide you through the process from arrest to court.
Our firm is involved in the defense of charges such as:
- Drug and narcotic violations (including R.S. 40:966, 40:967, 40:969)
- Possession, possession with intent to distribute, manufacturing, and distribution of controlled dangerous substances such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana, LSD, MDMA and prescription medications.
- Crimes against property
- Aggravated burglary, simple burglary, unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling, criminal trespass, carjacking, theft, unauthorized use of a movable, illegal possession of stolen things, forgery, aggravated arson, simple arson, and criminal damage to property.
- Crimes against the person
- Second degree murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide, vehicular homicide, armed robbery, first degree robbery, simple robbery, extortion, aggravated battery, second degree battery, battery of a police officer, simple battery, aggravated assault, assault by drive-by shooting, aggravated assault with a firearm, negligent injuring, stalking, aggravated rape, forcible rape, simple rape, sexual battery, aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, simple kidnapping, and false imprisonment
- Crimes affecting the public morals
- Carnal knowledge of a juvenile, indecent behavior with juveniles, prostitution, crimes against nature, gambling, contributing to the delinquency of juveniles, illegal use of a weapon, illegal carrying of a weapon, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, disturbing the peace, obscenity, resisting an officer, flight, simple escape, and malfeasance.
- Crimes affecting the family
- Criminal neglect of family, bigamy, incest, and criminal abandonment
- Misdemeanor and traffic offenses
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless operation of a motor vehicle, and careless operation of a motor vehicle
We also handle the following matters:
- Probation and parole revocation hearings
- Expungement of arrest record
- Bond/bail reduction hearings Call an attorney before you call a bail bondsman.
- Asset forfeitures: seizures of money and property
- Appeals and post conviction relief
- Representation during police investigations